June 09 and 10, 2012:
Round 11 of the premier league "effodeildin":

June 09

NSÍ Runavík - KÍ Klaksvík 0-2 (0-1)
0-1 Páll Klettskarð
0-2 Páll Klettskarð

Forward Páll Klettskarð scored a brace as KÍ eased past NSÍ who had little to offer today after their back to back victories over FC Suðuroy and B36 Tórshavn.

Klettskarð scored the opening goal after a quarter of an hour with a delicate lob over goalkeeper Kristian Joensen and doubled the advantage within five minutes of the second half with another clinical finish from a clear position.

NSÍ improved a bit in the second half, but still found it difficult to create scoring opportunities. A strike on the post from Jann Martin Mortensen late in the game was their only real effort on goal. By that time KÍ had squandered chances to increase their lead.

June 10

HB Tórshavn - EB/Streymur 0-1 (0-1)
0-1 Hans Pauli Samuelsen

EB/Streymur had put HB under sustained pressure for a couple of minutes when they scored what proved to be the winning goal after 11 minutes. Niels Pauli Danielsen on the left hand side went towards the by line and put in a cross which HB goalkeeper Teitur Gestsson failed to clear properly – a weakness (his only maybe) he should work on – with the result that the ball ended at the feet of Hans Pauli Samuelsen who showed no sympathy when he fired the ball into the back of the net as he had goal at his mercy .

After 15-20 minutes HB seized the initiative and managed to put a sustained pressure on EB/Streymur, but without creating clear-cut scoring opportunities however, but many half-chances.

In the second half it was EB/Streymur who had the best scoring opportunities, but Gestsson made four incredible saves to deny the visitors another goal.

HB’s chances were similar to those they had in the first half, often scrambles after corners and crosses – and a couple of times it was really close, but apart from that EB/Streymur’s goal wasn’t really under much threat.

With the loss HB dropped 6 points behind leaders EB/Streymur who lead Víkingur by 3 points. As HB have an extremely difficult match against B36 on Wednesday, that gap could grow. But also EB/Streymur have a fairly difficult game as they take on third-placed ÍF Fuglafjørður.

ÍF Fuglafjørður - TB Tvøroyri 1-1 (0-0)
1-0 Clayton Soares
1-1 Igor Grkajac

Things were going according their position in the table when ÍF took the lead through Clayton Soares just after the hour-mark. This was the Brazilian’s 8th goal of the season which takes him to the top of the scoring chart. And those 8 goals have been scored in the last 4 games!

Before that Karl Løkin has missed a 7th minute penalty which was saved by TB goalkeeper Ivan Stojkovic.

But in the reverse game six weeks ago it was TB who came out victorious, so there was no real reason to think ÍF should have it all their way this time around. And they didn't as TB dug out an equalizer in the 83 minute through Serbian forward Igor Grkajac – just a minute after TB had been reduced to 10 men as Martin Tausen had received a second yellow card.

B68 Toftir - B36 Tórshavn 1-1 (1-0)
1-0 Ndende Adama Guéye
1-1 Lukasz Cieslewicz

Almost halfway through the competition and 9 points off the pace after today’s 1-1 draw, current champions B36’s dream of retaining the title must be considered extremely thin.

B68 took the lead when Senegalese Ndende headed home from Einar Hansen’s corner.

Although B36 had most of the possession for the rest of the game, they failed to really threaten up front.

But with 7 minutes remaining, Polish striker Lukasz Cieslewicz rescued the visitors a point with after a solo effort.

With the point, B68 climb one point above the relegation line. For B36 it’s maybe questionable which way they should look as they now trail EB/Streymur on top by 9 points, but only lead NSÍ Runavík in the relegation zone by 5 points…

FC Suðuroy - Víkingur 1-1 (1-0)
1-0 Palli Augustinussen
1-1 Atli Gregersen

FC Suðuroy picked up only their third point of the competition with a surprise draw against second placed Víkingur.

The Suðuroy team took a shock lead after only 22 seconds with a goal from captain Palli Augustinussen as Víkingur gave the ball away straight after kick off.

Although Víkingur had maybe 90% of the possession, FC Suðuroy managed to defend that lead for 89 minutes – including a penalty which Stanislav Kuzma saved from Evrard Ble after 15 minutes – but in the 90th minute the Víkingur captain, defender Atli Gregersen snatched the equalizer.

Faroe Islands Football | Fixtures/Results | Table | Top Scorers
Soccer and Equipment home

Share this page: