May 28, 2012:
Round 10 of the premier league "effodeildin":

HB Tórshavn - KÍ Klaksvík 5-0 (3-0)
1-0 Froði Benjaminsen (pen)
2-0 Jógvan Andreas Skeel Nolsøe
3-0 Rógvi Holm
4-0 Símun Samuelsen
5-0 Christian R. Mouritsen

After HB scored twice in a minute to make it 2-0 just before a quarter of an hour, the match became a very one-sided affair where it was more a question of how big the win would be as KÍ had nothing to reply with.

Until the opening goals, it had been an even encounter, but HB had tried to open up KÍ’s defence a couple of times with the through-balls and that was also the recipe when Símun Samuelsen was released on the left, and as he entered the penalty are he was floored and HB awarded a penalty. Fróði Benjaminsen hit the spot-kick straight into the centre of goal. Before today, HB had missed 4 penalties in a row.

A minute later HB had doubled the advantage as Jógvan Andreas Skeel Nolsøe was played through and he scored with a well placed shot just inside the near post.

KÍ had very little to offer after this and just before the half-hour, HB increased to 3-0 with a header from a completely unmarked Rógvi Holm from close range from a corner.

Five minutes after the break HB went 4-0 up when Fróði Benjaminsens through-ball played Símun Samuelsen clear, and one-on-one with Andras Gango in the KÍ goal, Samuelsen fired through the goalkeeper’s legs.

With 12 minutes left of normal time Christian R. Mouritsen made it 5-0 with a cracking curling shot from just outside the penalty area and into the top corner.

A couple of minutes later, Fróði Benjaminsen was about to get clear in the penalty area, and he had actually done most of the hard job but then fell rather awkwardly – the referee though theatrically and awarded Benjaminsen a yellow card, and as it was his second of the match, he was given marching orders. – The referee was the same who sent Benjaminsen off in the first round when HB beat B68 5-0.

Benjaminsen will now be suspended when HB take on EB/Streymur in the next round on 10 June.

TB Tvøroyri - EB/Streymur 0-3 (0-0)
1-0 Leif Niclasen
2-0 Leif Niclasen
3-0 Leif Niclasen

TB’s 100% record at their new pitch wasn’t going to last forever, and it wasn’t exactly unexpected that EB/Streymur recorded their 19th point from their last 7 matches and went to the top of the table as they took full advantage of Víkingur’s draw with B68 Toftir.

After a goalless first half, Leif Niclasen got the scoring underway after 70 minutes before he netted twice more in the last ten minutes of the game to get a hat trick.

B68 Toftir - Víkingur 1-1 (0-0)
1-0 Jónleif Højgaard
1-1 Lasse Qvist

Víkingur lost the top spot in the table as they failed to win in the league for the 3rd time in succession while B68 drop below the relegation-line despite the draw.

Víkingur were closest to scoring in the first half with a header from Atli Gregersen that hit the upright. But it was B68 who took the lead early in the second half after a fine shot from Jónleif Højgaard.

Danish forward Lasse Qvist salvaged a point for Víkingur with 10 minutes remaining, and Kaj Leo í Bartalsstovu should have clinched the victory for Víkingur at the death, but with the goal at his mercy he missed the target.

ÍF Fuglafjørður – B36 Tórshavn 1-1 (0-1)
0-1 Bárður Olsen
1-1 Clayton Soares

After an even first half, ÍF thought that they had scored towards the end of it when an effort was saved on the line – or inside, but the referee deemed the ball had not crossed the line and B36 countered through Polish forward Lukasz Cieslewicz who set up Bárðu Olsen to put the visitors in front.

Less than three minutes through the second half ÍF were reduced to 10 men as defender Bartal Eliasen was given a second yellow card.

But in the 83rd minute 10-men ÍF rescued a point as Brazilian forward Clayton Soares scored his 7th goal in his last three matches on a rebound from goalkeeper Meinhards Joensen who couldn’t hold on to Høgni Madsen’s long range effort.

FC Suðuroy – NSÍ Runavík 0-2 (0-1)
0-1 Klæmint Olsen (pen)
0-2 Jann Martin Mortensen

After beating FC Suðuroy – who we consider as relegated already – NSÍ Runavík leapfrogged B68 Toftir to climb above the relegation line – although with the same number of points as B68 who have an inferior goal difference. With only two points separating those two and TB Tvøroyri, in 7th position, it looks like anybody’s guess at the moment who will be relegated.

But B68 might have an extra ace or two up their sleeve, as they have a number of quality players on the injury list, and when they return in the second half of the season, B68 could be another team. Two of those players are Senegalese forwards Ahmed Keita and Ibrahima Camara.

In today’s match NSÍ took the lead on the stroke of half time with a penalty from Klæmint Olsen. Jann Martin Mortensen made the points secure with seven minutes remaining and seven minutes after FC Suðuroy had had Poul N. Poulsen sent off after a second bookable offence.

Faroe Islands Football | Fixtures/Results | Table | Top Scorers
Soccer and Equipment home

Share this page: