May 12 & 13, 2012:
Round 08 of the premier league "effodeildin":

May 12

HB Tórshavn - ÍF Fuglafjørður 1-4 (0-2)
0-1 Clayton Soares
0-2 Jan Ellingsgaard
0-3 Clayton Soares
0-4 Clayton Soares
1-4 Hallur Hansson

Some will say it's only a bad excuse, but HB looked to be tired from their semi-final against EB/Streymur on Wednesday, and after a few bright opening minutes from HB, ÍF quickly took control of the game, forcing Teitur Gestsson to make two saves within the first quarter of an hour – first when Danish forward Simon Skibsted got clear in centre of goal and a couple of minutes later from Høgni Madsen’s diagonal shot from long range.

But it was only delaying the pain as ÍF kept dominating, and in the 15th minute HB’s vulnerability to high crosses was again exposed as they failed to clear the corner from the right which allowed Brazilian striker Clayton Soares to slut home from close range to put the visitors in front.

HB’s petrol tank seemed empty and they had no response and never tested Jákup Mikkelsen in the ÍF goal. Instead it was ÍF who doubled their lead in the 38th minute when HB again failed to deal with the corner which ended in front of Jan Ellingsgaard who’s left hook went straight into the far top corner of the goal.

In the second half, HB took a gamble playing with only three men in defence which was always going to be risky. However, it wasn’t because of the thin defence, but because of bad defending when ÍF made it 3-0 on the hour mark where a cross from the by-line was allowed to go to a completely unmark Soares to score again.

HB rarely created anything upfront, but Fróði Benjaminsen (or maybe it was Christian Mouritsen) should have scored when he was set up by Símun Samuelsen, but he shot wide when it looked easier to score.

With 12 minutes remaining, Soares was played through to complete his hat trick and put ÍF 4-0 up.

Although Hallur Hansson pulled a goal back for HB a couple of minutes later with an easy finish, there was no way back for HB.

TB Tvøroyri - B68 Toftir 3-1 (1-1)
0-1 Kristian Anton Andreassen
1-1 Igor Grkajac
2-1 Igor Grkajac
3-1 Poul Ingason

TB Tvøroyri celebrated their 120th anniversary today in style by beating B68 3-1 to keep their 100% record at their new football ground við Stórá (by the Great River).

TB put pressure on B68 from the start, but Hans Jørgensen made a couple of great saves to deny TB before B68 against the run of play on the half-hour took the lead through Kristian Anton Andreassen as they beat the off-side trap.

The lead lasted shortly however because TB were back on level terms four minutes later when the Serb Igor Grkajac scored from a corner.

The Serbian forward scored his second goal of the day 10 minutes after the break to put TB in front after he was released by Dan Mortensen.

Towards the end TB's Rógvi Joensen rattled the crossbar before Poul Ingason in added time made it 3-1 for TB who leapfrog B68 to move into 7th position in the table with the same number of points but with a superior goal difference.

May 12

B36 Tórshavn - Víkingur 3-0 (3-0)
1-0 Lukasz Cieslewicz
2-0 Símun Joensen
3-0 Rasmus Dan Sørensen

The writing was on the wall for B36 before the match as a loss would mean that they would trail their opponents Víkingur by 12 points and that would effectively mean season over for B36. A win on the other hand would reduce the gap to 6 points.

If the cup game against FC Suðuroy on Wednesday was still in their legs is debatable, but Víkingur had little to offer today whereas B36 seemed to have rediscovered their form from last year.

It took the B36 just under 13 minutes to open the scoring when Jákup á Borg released Cieslewicz to score from an angle.

When the elapsed time had doubled, B36’s goals had likewise as left back Símun Joensen made it 2-0 with a header from a corner.

Another 12 minutes later, the game was effectively over as youngster Rasmus Dan Sørensen – who turns 17 in a fortnight – made it 3-0 with his first goal for the senior team after a well worked B36 move.

Little happened in the second half as Víkingur had accepted the outcome of the match and the most noticeable to write home about was the red card that Víkingur's central defender and captain Atli Gregersen received some 10 minutes before time.

EB/Streymur - NSÍ Runavík 1-0 (0-0)
1-0 Egil á Bø

EB/Streymur who also played on Wednesday struggled somewhat to overcome NSÍ Runavík, although EB/Streymur overall was the better team.

The single goal of the match was scored by EB/Streymur’s central defender Egil á Bø from a corner 12 minutes through the second half.

After a terrible start to the season where EB/Streymur only won 2 points from their first 3 matches, they have now earned 13 points in their last five and have climbed to 3rd in the table, equal on points with HB Tórshavn, 4 points adrift of Víkingur.

For NSÍ the red lamps will soon start blinking as they have now dropped 5 points below the relegation line.

KÍ Klaksvík - FC Suðuroy 5-1 (4-0)
1-0 Heðin Klakstein
2-0 Jógvan Isaksen
3-0 Henry Heinesen
4-0 Álvur F. Christiansen
5-0 Jógvan Isaksen
5-1 Jón Krosslá Poulsen

The 4th team that played in the cup on Wednesday was FC Suðuroy and also they seemed to have been emptied for juices as they were hammered 5-1 by KÍ.

KÍ were 2-0 up after 12 minutes where Heðin Klakstein sent KÍ on wining course before Jógvan Heinesen doubled the lead with a header from a corner.

The sane recipe was used midway through the firs half when Henry Heinesen headed home for 3-0.

KÍ score twice again just before half time, first Álvur Christiansen from a clear position before Jógvan Heinesen scored his second of the afternoon to make it 5-0 after a scramble following a corner.

KÍ were obviously content with their first half and slowed down in the second half which was a tame affair where Jón Krosslá Poulsen scored a late consolation for Suðuroy directly on free kick.

With 7 points to safety, FC Suðuroy look doomed already.

Faroe Islands Football | Fixtures/Results | Table | Top Scorers
Soccer and Equipment home

Share this page: