April 28 & 29, 2012:
Round 06 of the premier league "effodeildin":

April 28

KÍ Klaksvík - NSÍ Runavík 3-2 (1-2)
0-1 Jann Martin Mortensen
1-1 Filip Djordjevic
1-2 Klæmint Olsen
2-2 Páll Klettskarð
3-2 Páll Klettskarð

NSÍ were leading both 1-0 and 2-1, but Páll Klettskarð who came on 10 minutes through the second half scored a brace to turn the match around and secure KÍ their first win of the season.

NSÍ opened the scoring after ten minutes when Jann Martin Mortensen finished the counter attack.

The lead didn’t last long, however, as NSÍ were caught on the break seven minutes later and Filip Djordjevic levelled the match.

But NSÍ regained the lead ten minutes later when Klæmint Olsen headed home from a corner.

But it was substitute forward, Páll Klettsksarð, who stole the show in the second half when he first equalized with 20 minutes remaining and then became match-winner ten minutes later when he was left unmarked in connection with a free kick and scored after two attempts.

29 April

EB/Streymur - HB Tórshavn 2-2 (1-2)
1-0 Símun Samuelsen
1-1 Hans Pauli Samuelsen
2-1 Andrew av Fløtum
2-2 Levi Hanssen

After EB/Streymur had been the more threatening team in the opening ten minutes, HB worked their way into the game and started to threaten at the other end and after 15 minutes took the lead.

Jógvan Andreas Skeel Nolsøe got into the penalty area and squared the ball to Andrew av Fløtum who miss-hit the ball, when it looked easier to score, but luckily for him, Símun Samuelsen was right behind him and he first made a move to the right before he fired the ball into the back of the net.

However, HB had hardly ended their celebration before EB/Streymur had drawn level the minute after with a goal from Hans Pauli Samuelsen after the HB defence failed to deal with a cross.

But it was HB who kept the initiative and with fine football at times created several scoring opportunities. Especially Símun Samuelsen on the left was involved in much of it and seemed to get past defenders at will almost.

Samuelsen was also involved when HB regained the lead after 20 minutes when he broke into the penalty area on the left and fed av Fløtum who scored with a delightful curling cheeky looping shot into the right corner of the goal.

HB continued to create opportunities, and Samuelsen was so close when he curled a shot from the left onto the corner of the woodwork at the far side. In another attempt he was upset with himself when he shot wide when he was in a fine position to score.

HB was also the better team in the opening minutes of the second half and so nearly increased their lead when Hallur Hansson after a couple of dribbles surged towards the penalty area, aimed and fired the ball onto the crossbar. – It really deserved a better destiny.

EB/Streymur were now starting to threaten again, and their attack had definitely become sharper since forward Arnbjørn Hansen, who has been out injured, had entered the match early in the second half.

And on the hour-mark EB/Streymur drew level again after a corner was only half-cleared to Levi Hansen whose low drive from outside the penalty area went between friends and foes and straight into the goal.

The rest of the match saw action at both ends and Samuelsen again went close for HB when he curled another shot on the corner of the woodwork at the far side.

With only four minutes remaining, EB/Streymur got a glorious opportunity to win the match as they were awarded a penalty as the referee adjudged the HB goalkeeper to have made an infringement against Sorin Anghel. EB/Streymur captain Egil á Bø was chosen to execute the penalty, but he struck it on top of the upright.

Víkingur - FC Suðuroy 4-0 (0-0)
1-0 Owngoal
2-0 Owngoal
3-0 Joseph Bassene
4-0 Hjartvard Hansen

Víkingur have opened a four-point gap at the top of the table after a relatively easy 4-0 win over bottom-team F.C. Suðuroy, although it was 0-0 at halftime. In fact it was Suðuroy who had the best opportunity of the first half when John Tordar Poulsen was played clear, but he wasted the opportunity.

Poulsen did get on the score-sheet later however, but it was with an owngoal just after the hour-mark. – This was as he deflected a free kick. And two minutes later team-mate Súni úr Hørg made yet another owngoal to give Víkingur a 2-0 lead, this time after a scramble.

Atli Gregersen then missed a penalty (crazy statistics) before Senegalese forward Joseph Bassene made it 3-0 after Sølvi Vatnhamar had made the foreplay.

And with eight minutes remaining Hjartvard Hansen headed in the forth goal after a cross from Bárður Hansen on the right.

The match was played in Fuglafjørður, because Víkingur are in the processes of shifting their old artificial surface to a new one. Víkingur do have another brand new pitch in Leirvík (which was home to LÍF before it merged with GÍ to found Víkingur), but they’re not allowed to use it as it doesn’t have the required 300 seats, the bureaucracy dictates.

After 6 matches, FC Suðuroy still haven’t scored a goal, and look to be heading for a certain relegation.

As Víkingur have a relative easy match on paper away to NSÍ Runavík next weekend while HB Tórshavn meet B36 Tórshavn, Víkingur could extend their lead even more.

TB Tvøroyri - ÍF Fuglafjørður 1-0 (1-0)
1-0 Dmitrije Jankovic

TB Tvøroyri were finally given the all-clear to use their new football ground at “við Stórá” (at the Great River) after they have bought the required 300 seats. They bought it used from Brøndby IF in Denmark.

And after 120 year at “Sevmýri” (their old pitch), TB got off to a flying start at við Stóra as they took the lead after only five minutes through Serbian defender Dmitrije Jankovic after a scramble following a corner.

Although ÍF had most of the possession for the rest of the match, TB defended well and also threatened occasionally on the counterattacks.

The result also tells us that ÍF are not quite capable of challenging for the title.

B36 Tórshavn - B68 Toftir 1-2 (0-1)
0-1 Owngoal
1-1 Róaldur Jacobsen
1-2 Christian Høgni Jacobsen

Champions B36 Tórshavn who suffered only two defeats for the whole of last season have already reached that same tally after six rounds of the current season.

B68 scored a dramatic winner more than two minutes into added time when Christian Høgni Jacobsen took advantage of a mix-up in the B36 defence and rounded the goalkeeper to record B68’s third win in succession after losing their first three matches.

It was also B68 who had taken the lead midway through the first half when B36’s Danish defender Jonas Flindt Rasmussen under pressure from B68’ Senegalese Ndende Adama Guéye was credited for an owngoal after a corner.

B36 who had created between little and nothing in the first half upped the tempo in the second half and after 70 minutes Róaldur Jacobsen equalized after an individual effort.

B36 hit the woodwork more than once in the remaining 20 minutes, but were hit by the sucker punch in the 93rd minute to lose at home for a second time in succession.

Faroe Islands Football | Fixtures/Results | Table | Top Scorers
Soccer and Equipment home

Share this page: