April 15, 2012:
Round 04 of the premier league "effodeildin":

HB Tórshavn - Víkingur 1-1 (1-0)
1-0 Christian R. Mouritsen (pen)
1-1 Kaj Leo í Bartalsstovu

Víkingur started the game as the better team and got the first opportunity of the match after five minutes when Hans Jørgen Djurhuus was in a fine position to shoot just inside the penalty area, but the powerful shot lacked precision and went wide of the post.

A couple of minutes later, HB should have taken the lead after a terrific counter attack when Símun Samuelsen speeded down the left hand side before he found Christian R. Mouritsen on the centre of field where he played Andrew av Fløtum clear with an excellent through-ball, but Geza Turi – who's already red hot favourite to take the goalkeeper-of-the-year award after some super performances in the Víkingur goal – blocked the finish from av Fløtum, who ought to have done better. – He has the technique to do it.

HB then continued to dominate for the next quarter of an hour and created two or three chances that could easily have turned into a goal. Høgni Midjord had a shot from just outside the penalty area that went through a crowded penalty area, but just wide of the far post and in a couple of incidents the crowded penalty area blocked the shots that were coming in.

Víkingur then had a golden opportunity to take the lead when Kaj Leo í Bartalsstovu got clear of the HB defence a bit to the left, but Teitur Gestsson in the HB goal narrowed the angle well and made an outstanding save when the attacker fired his gun.

The pendulum was swinging back and forth – although the play was far from top notch – and just before the half-hour mark, HB were awarded a penalty after Hallur Hansson had been kicked in the leg. It was surely not the intention of the Víkingur defender, but a kick on the leg is always dangerous play and although the referee probably used his ears more than his eyes when he made his judgement – because the there was a loud sound when the tackle hit the leg – Víkingur can’t have many complaints about the penalty when all comes to all. End of the story was that Christian R. Mouritsen safely converted the penalty to bring HB in front.

Víkingur so nearly equalized the minute after the penalty when Joseph Bassense (who had come on to replace the injured Lasse Qvist) after a dribble in the penalty area, but the finish was just wide of the near post.

Towards the end of the half, Høgni Midjord just failed to make contact with the cross from the left, when he was clear in front of the Víkingur goal.

HB was the better team in the opening minutes of the second half and midway through it, HB should have doubled their lead when Víkingur’s offside trap failed to catch Andrew av Fløtum who played Jógvan Andrias Skeel Nolsøe clear, but the glorious opportunity was wasted as the ball was struck on the post.

After that, it was Víkingur who dominated for the most and after several threatening corners in succession, an equalizer looked – if not imminent, then at least very likely.

And the equalizer came in the 72nd minute after passive defensive play by HB, and although the HB goalkeeper miraculously kept out the initial shot from close range after a cross from the right, Gestsson could do nothing with the rebound which Kaj Leo í Bartalsstovu buried into the back of the net.

Maybe Víkingur were closer to the winning goal than HB, although Gestsson in the HB goal wasn’t really tested again.

Víkingur is now equal on points with B36 Tórshavn and ÍF Fuglafjørður on top of the table while HB are trailing right behind with two points less.

ÍF Fuglafjørður - KÍ Klaksvík 2-0 (2-0)
1-0 Frank H. Poulsen
2-0 Jan Ó. Ellingsgaard

With a comfortable 2-0 win over KÍ, ÍF’s bright start to the season continues.

Frank Poulsen put the home team in front with an easy finish after 12 minutes after Nenad Saric had done most of the spadework.

Just before half-time, Jan Ellingsgaard doubled the lead with a header from a corner.

Although possession was maybe evenly spread in the second half, KÍ didn’t have the means to really threaten ÍF’s goal.

It will be exciting to see if ÍF manage to continuingly keep track with the other table-toppers.

TB Tvøroyri - B36 Tórshavn 1-4 (0-1)
0-1 Lukasz Cieslewicz (pen)
0-2 Súni Olsen
1-2 Bojan Timic (pen)1-3 Lukasz Cieslewicz
1-4 Jákup á borg

For most of the first half, the newcomers TB showed great resilience against the defending champions of B36 who finally broke the deadlock closing stages with a penalty from Lukasz Cieslewicz.

The task looked impossible for TB when Súni Olsen scored directly on a free kick within six minutes of the second half, but the hope was back with TB when Bojan Timic reduced the deficit on the hour-mark.

But the hope was short-lived however, as Cieslewicz restored the two-goal cushion only four minutes later before Jákup á Borg made it 4-1 to the visitors with 10 minutes remaining; 10 minutes after coming on for his first league action since he got injured in the first round.

Although TB’s new pitch itself had been finished in time for the meeting today, TB still had to play the match at FC Suðuroy’s pitch in Vágur, mainly because the football association did not give TB an exception to the rule of the required 300 seats for the spectators.

Sounds like a small-minded football association. – If the pitch itself is ready, then of course TB should be allowed to play on it whether it has 300 seats for spectators or not. Because not one single spectator would have minded standing up anyway, so why the bureaucracy? As they have used millions of Danish Kroners, there should be no reason for any delay when the pitch is playable. And by the way, there were about a 100 spectators standing behind the goal when HB and Víkingur played in Gundadalur today.

And for founding the first footballclub in the Faroes in 1892, TB should have been given an honorary dispensation to the 300-seat-rule.

B68 Toftir - NSÍ Runavík 3-2 (1-2)
0-1 Klæmint Olsen
0-2 Klæmint Olsen
1-2 Ndende Adama Guéye
2-2 Jann Ingi Petersen (pen)
3-2 Justinus R. Hansen

B68 looked dead and buried after Klæmint Olsens’s brace in the 13th and 36th minute, but were given a lifeline on the stroke of half-time when Senegalese Ndende Adama Guéye headed home after some ping pong in the penalty area.

Ten minutes through the second half, B68 were back on equal terms when Jann Ingi Petersen scored on a penalty after Remi Langgaard had been brought down.

And with a quarter of an hour remaining, B68 had completed an incredible comeback when Jústines R. Hansen’s cracker from long range went straight into the top corner. – Hansen switched to B68 from NSÍ before the season.

But in the dying moments, NSÍ were given a glorious opportunity to salvage a point when they were awarded a penalty, but Sjúrður Jacobsen – who has come out of retirement to help NSÍ’s inexperienced team – missed from the spot as Hans Jørgensen saved the weak shot. This was Jørgensen's 2nd save from penalties in successive league games.

EB/Streymur - FC Suðuroy 3-0 (1-0)
1-0 Egil á Bø
2-0 Sorin Anghel
3-0 Hans Pauli Samuelsen

Although EB/Streymur took the lead in the 7th minute with a goal from defender Egil á Bø after a long throw-in from Gert Hansen, EB/Streymur found it difficult to decide the match with another goal.

But that finally came with ten minutes remaining when Hans Pauli Samuelsen, who has been outstanding this season, set up Sorin Anghel to make it 2-0 before the provider became a goal scorer himself shortly before the final whistle to score EB/Streymur’s third goal.

Faroe Islands Football | Fixtures/Results | Table | Top Scorers
Soccer and Equipment home

Share this page: