March 30 & 31 & April 01, 2012:
Round 02 of the premier league "EFFO deildin":

30 March

Víkingur - EB/Streymur 2-1 (1-0)
1-0 Owngoal
1-1 Arnbjørn Hansen
2-1 Evrard Ble

EB/Streymur were close to taking the lead in the first half but Víkingur goalkeeper Geza Turi made a treble-save from striker Arnbjørn Hansen. Instead it was Víkingur who took the lead ten minutes from halftime after a corner where in the end the goal was registered as a Sorin Anghel owngoal.

But EB/Streymur were back on level terms early in the second half when Hansen this time made no mistake with a well taken header.

However, some 20 minutes before halftime Víkingur’s Ivorian Evrard Ble headed home from a corner to take the three points.

Although it’s early days, EB/Streymur are already trailing the top by 5 points which could turn out to be hard to cut back.

In the last couple of seasons EB/Streymur have found themselves trailing massively at the halfway stage which has been the difference between title and runners up.

31 March

B68 Toftir - ÍF Fuglafjørður 0-2 (0-0)
1-0 Simon Skibsted
2-0 Jákup Johansen

The goals were waiting in an even affair where both teams could have scored, but with about 20 minutes remaining, ÍF scored twice in the space of four minutes to decide matters. Danish forward Simon Skibsted made it 1-0 before Jákup Johansen (the young forward who came from Skála this season) doubled the tally.

With an away match against Víkingur next time, B68 could be stranded with no point after the first three rounds.

01 April

FC Suðuroy - HB Tórshavn 0-1 (0-0)
0-1 Hallur Hansson

HB scored the winning goal with 20 minutes remaining when Hallur Hansson curled a free kick over the wall and into the back of the net to grab the three points.

After 0-0 at half time, with the wind in their back, HB had been dominating in the second half.

KÍ Klaksvík - B36 Tórshavn 0-2 (0-0)
0-1 Róaldur Jacobsen
0-2 Súni Olsen

After the first half’s stalemate, B36 decided matters within the first quarter of an hour of the second half. After 55 minutes Lukasz Cieslewicz set up Róaldur Jacobsen for an easy finish to make it 2-0 before the Pole once more set up the goal, this time fort Súni Olsen to double the score within three minutes.

NSÍ Runavík - TB Tvøroyri 2-0 (1-0)
1-0 Magnus Olsen
2-0 Klæmint Olsen

NSÍ are off the mark after a 2-0 win over the newcomers, but it was TB who was the better team in the early stages and Serb Bojan Timic went close with a strike on the upright.

But it was NSÍ who took the lead shortly after the half-hour when Magnus Olsen got clear of the defence after a long pass.

Within three minutes of the second half, Klæmint Olsen had doubled NSÍ's advantage, and although TB tried to rally, they were never really close.

The next round will be played already on Thursday (Maundy Thursday) 5 April.

Faroe Islands Football | Fixtures/Results | Table | Top Scorers
Soccer and Equipment home

Share this page: