March 24 & 25, 2012:
Round 01 of the premier league "EFFO deildin":

24 March

B36 Tórshavn – FC Suðuroy 1-0 (0-0)
1-0 Sekou Tidiane Souare

It looked like the defending champions were going to drop 2 points against a resilient newcomer, but after six minutes of added time, Ivorian defender Sekou Tidiane Souare headed home from Súni Olsen’s corner (ahem, may we brag about the prediction from last week’s Super Cup match report: “And this is not going to be the last goal from a corner that B36 will get this season...).

B36 had most of the possession throughout the first half, but rarely produce any real danger in front of the FC Suðuroy goal. At the other end John Poulsen was given a glorious opportunities to give Suðuroy the lead when he was played clear, but the chance was squandered.

B36 continued to dominate in the second half, but again the better chances were going Suðuroy’s way, but Ghanaian David Asare, who scored 20 goals in 23 matches for the club last season, misused three golden opportunities.

But also B36 also created a couple of great chances as the clock was ticking away, but both were wasted.

As it looked like B36 were going to have to settle for a draw, the temper of a frustrated B36 coach Mikkjal Thomassen – a policeman by trade - boiled over and he was given the red card.

But with the policeman off the bench, B36 finally got out of jail with Tidiane's dramatic winner to bag three points for B36.

25 March

HB Tórshavn - B68 Toftir 4-0 (0-0)
1-0 Christian R. Mouritsen
2-0 Fróði Benjaminsen
3-0 Andrew av Fløtum
4-0 Símun Samuelsen

HB took control of the game from the first whistle and remained in control until the final whistle against a very impotent B68 team that never tested Teitur Gestsson in the HB goal throughout the 93 minutes.

Gestsson’s colleague at the other end, Hans Jørgensen, was much more busy, but managed to keep HB at bay during the first half with a couple of fine saves from Andrew av Fløtum and Hallur Hansson.

Av Fløtum fired a warning shot which Jørgensen tipped over the bar immediately after the restart, but within a couple of minutes HB had taken the lead with an excellent shot into the top corner from Christian R. Mouritsen from a couple of metres outside the penalty area which left Jørgensen with no chance.

HB doubled their lead less than 10 minute later when Mouritsen’s volley following a corner was initially parried by Jørgensen, but where the rebound was swept over the line by Fróði Benjaminsen.

B68 then for the first time in the match showed some will of coming forward, but it was infective and left them vulnerable at the back.

HB took advantage after 70 minutes when av Fløtum was played clear for an easy finish and with less than 10 minutes remaining, HB made it 4-0 when Símun Samuelsen outpaced the B68 defence to fire past Jørgensen.

Before that, HB had been reduced to 10 men as captain Fróði Benjaminsen had been sent off for a second bookable offence in a thoughtless and unnecessary challenge on the B68 defender. The first yellow card had been given for protesting earlier in the match.

It’s difficult to really judge HB’s performance today as their opponents were so poor, but a top 4 should be realistic. But should they be hit by suspensions and injuries to key player, it could take its toll as the bench doesn’t look to strong.

B68 will probably struggle until they get their long term injured Senegalese forwards back, Keita and Camara, and with midfielder Jann Ingi Petersen also sidelined, B68’s points harvest could be a small one in the coming rounds.

EB/Streymur – KÍ Klaksvík 1-1 (0-0)
1-0 Arnbjørn Hansen
1-1 Andy Olsen

Arnbjørn Hansen was close to giving the home team the lead after the half-hour, but his shot smashed off the post. However, Hansen still managed to secure a half-time lead for EB/Streymur with a well taken header after a cross from Leif Niclasen just before half-time.

But KÍ levelled the match 20 minutes after the re-start when Andy Olsen took advantage of a mix-up in the EB/Streymur defence after a cross from Hjalgrím Elttør.

Chances went both ways thereafter, but it stayed a 1-1.

TB Tvøroyri – Víkingur 0-2 (0-0)
0-1 Atli Gregersen (pen)
0-2 Bárður J. Hansen

After an even 30 minutes where Víkingur played it safe, the visitors slowly started to get the upper hand and on the half-hour they took the lead through a penalty form Atli Gregersen.

A quarter of an hour before the end of normal time, Víkingur doubled their advantage when Bárður J. Hansen scored from a rebound after goalkeeper had saved from the initial effort.

As the TB goalkeeper later got injured towards the end of the match, 39-year old defender Óli Johannesen released him between the sticks. Johannesen is the most caped player for the Faroese national teams with 83 internationals under his belt.

The match was played at FC Suðuroy's football ground in Vágur, as TB new pitch "í Stópunum" isn’t ready before the 4th round against B36 Tórshavn on 15. April.

ÍF Fuglafjørður – NSÍ Runavík 2-1 (0-0)
0-1 Jann Martin Mortensen
1-1 Bartal Eliasen
2-1 Simon Skibsted

The goals came late and it was NSÍ who drew first blood when Jann Martin Mortensen gave them the lead after 73 minutes.

But Bartal Eliasen equalized with a header from a free kick six minutes later, and in added time the Dane Simon Skibsted secured ÍF the victory.

Faroe Islands Football | Fixtures/Results | Table | Top Scorers
Soccer and Equipment home

Share this page: