September 21, 2008: Round 23 of the Formula Division:

HB Tórshavn - ÍF Fuglafjørður 2-0 (0-0)
1-0 Vagnur Mohr Mortensen
2-0 Hendrik Rubeksen

HB had the first effort on goal after 10 minutes, but Andras Gango in the ÍF goal tipped Fróði Benjaminsen’s header over the bar.

Five minutes later, Nenand Saric could have brought ÍF in front when he had a free sight of goal, but his shot was straight at goalkeeper Marcin Dawid.

As the half progressed, it was HB goalkeeper Marcin Dawid who was the busier of the two keepers.

Early in the second half, ÍF were awarded a penalty when a pass into the HB penalty-area hit an HB-hand. But Bartal Eliasen missed from the spot in what must be considered as one of the poorest penalties ever taken in Gundadalur as his low shot went straight in the centre of goal where Dawid had no problems in catching the ball.

If it was because ÍF became dejected of the missed opportunity or if it served as a wakeup-call for HB shall remain unanswered, but after the penalty, ÍF faded and never really threatened HB’s goal again as HB at the same time upped the tempo and had a clear majority of the possession.

Midway through the second half, Hendrik Rubeksen came on for HB and he almost scored with his first touch of the ball, but he placed the ball just wide of the post. He had a similar chance a short while later, but again he placed the ball on the wrong side of the post when he should have scored.

But with a quarter of an hour remaining, HB finally broke the deadlock when Vagnur Mohr Mortensen bombarded a free kick straight into goal from 22 metres.

In stoppage time, Hendrik Rubeksen cemented the victory when he was played clear in the penalty area.

With only 4 matches remaining of the league, ÍF should be safe as they are 5 points ahead of B71 in 9th place.

HB move up to joint 3rd with B36, a single points adrift of NSÍ in the runners-up spot.

EB/Streymur – Víkingur 2-1 (0-0)
1-0 Sorin Anghel
2-0 Sorin Anghel
2-1 Kaj Ennigarð

Víkingur had chances to take the lead in the first half and just after the interval, but instead it was EB/Streymur who scored twice in quick succession early in the second half; both goals coming from Rumenian Sorin Anghel.

Near the end, Kaj Ennigarð gave Víkingur a late consolation.

IF EB/Streymur beat NSÍ next Sunday, then EB/Streymur will win the title.

Match Highlights: EB/Streymur - Víkingur

KÍ Klaksvík – B71 Sandoy 2-1 (1-0)
1-0 Heðin á Lakjuni
1-1 Owngoal
2-1 Jan Andreasen

With a headed goal to 2-1 from veteran Jan Andreasen with a quarter of an hour to go, KÍ considerably increased their chances of survival. Heðin á Lakjuni had given KÍ the lead in the first half, but B71 were level again when KÍ made an owngoal early in the second half.

With 4 matches to go, KÍ are now 3 points clear of B71, and with a superior goal difference, that is in effect 4 points. KÍ have difficult matches left, but so do B71.

Skála – B68 Toftir 1-2 (0-1)
1-0 Jann Ingi Petersen
2-0 Ahmed Keita
2-1 Pætur Dam Jacobsen

After losing to in-form B68, Skála will find it very difficult to avoid relegation. The gap to KÍ in 8th place is now 6 points + an inferior goal difference. This means that Skála will probably have to win at least 3 of their 4 remaining matches.

B68 took the lead in the first half with a deflected shot from Jann Ingi Petersen and doubled the lead early in the 2nd half with a goal from Senegalese Keita.

Skála’s reply was too late in the match to threaten B68’s win.

NSÍ Runavík – B36 Tórshavn 1-0 (0-0)
1-0 Hjalgrím Elttør

NSÍ moved up to runners up spot again, but only a point above HB and B36 in joint 3rd place.

After a goalless first half, Hjalgrím Elttør broke the deadlock in the second half.

Next Sunday, current champions NSÍ may have to surrender the title to EB/Streymur, if EB/Streymur win.

| Faroese Soccer | Fixtures/Results | Table | Top Scorers |
| Home of Soccer and Equipment |

Share this page: