August 10 & 11, 2008: Round 17 of the Formula Division:

August 10

B36 Tórshavn - HB Tórshavn 2-0 (2-0)
1-0 Klæmint Matras (pen)
2-0 Hanus Thorleifsson

An HB-defence without Fróði Benjaminsen (who will be out of action for several weeks because of a broken foot) was never going to work well for HB. And as HB at the moment aren't capable of putting any sustainable pressure on their opponents, the outcome of the Tórshavn derby was always going to be a B36-victory.

However, it was HB who had the upper hand in the first quarter of an hour where they got to the byline on a couple of occasions, but the final delivery into the box was insufficient.

B36 then gradually took over and had the majority of possession, although not creating the big chances.

But that wasn't really necessary in order to get the goal, because after 25 minutes, the referee awarded B36 a penalty after a cross hit the arm of HB-defender Vagnur Mohr Mortensen (it looked like he headed the ball onto his own arm). – It seemed a bit harsh. Klæmint Matras converted from the spot. His 4th goal of the season, 3 of them on penalties.

10 minutes later, B36 doubled the lead. Hanus Thorleifsson got past a couple of defenders on the left and broke into the penalty area and fired the ball under HB-goalkeeper Marcin Dawid.

At this moment, HB looked a dejected side. In fact, after the first 15 minutes, HB had been very poor going forward. Andrew av Fløtum alone on top, in a, what appears to be a 4-3-2-1 formation, is much too isolated and has very little support from the wingers. That formation was maybe suitable with Jákup á Borg and Christian Høgni Jacobsen on the flanks, but after they left HB, HB doesn't have the players to play that system.

At the start of the 2nd half, Jákup á Borg (who swapped sides in the summer break) so nearly made it 3-0 for B36, but Marcin Dawid made a fine save from á Borg's volley.

B36 retreated in the second half and allowed HB to have much of the possession on midfield, but HB still couldn't create the opportunities. In fact, B36 goalkeeper Meinhardt Joensen only had to make one save during the entire match. That was when Milan Kuljic was played clear in the goal area, but Joensen made an incredible save to deny the Serb.

During the 2nd half, B36 were happy to hit HB on the break, and they could easily have scored several goal.

Once, the HB keeper came a long way out of his goal, and with a sliding tackle, he just managed to get the ball of a clear Jákup á Borg.

On another occasion, Sam Malson was clear on goal, but his finishing was poor and saved by the HB-keeper.

B36 had a couple of other opportunities as well, but Dawid was up to the task again.

B36 is now clear in the 2nd position on the table, 3 points ahead of NSÍ, but still 8 points adrift of EB/Streymur on top. B36 will hope that HB can do something with EB/Streymur next Sunday, but B36 probably don't really believe HB are capable…

EB/Streymur - Skála 3-0 (1-0)
1-0 Arnbjørn Hansen
2-0 Bárður Olsen (pen)
3-0 Arnbjørn Hansen

The scoreline might suggest a walkover, but the goals are flattering EB/Streymur as it was Skála who was much the better side throughout most of the first half.

But in first half's stoppage time, Arnbjørn Hansen was on place to put EB/Streymur ahead against the run of play.

Skála didn't recover from this and instead EB/Streymur added two more goals to their tally in the 2nd half; one on penalty from Bárður Olsen before Formula Divison top scorer Arnbjørn Hansen scored his 2nd of the day to make it 3-0.

Skála stay rock bottom of the table, and should B68 beat ÍF tomorrow, Skála will be 6 points below the relegation line.

EB/Streymur are ebbing closer and closer to the title, and with an 8 point-margin to B36 in 2nd place, much will have to go wrong for EB/Streymur in the run-in, if they are to be denied of the title this season.

Match highlights: EB/Streymur vs. Skála

NSÍ Runavík - KÍ Klaksvík 2-4 (0-0)
0-1 Bjarni Jørgensen
1-1 Bogi Løkin
1-2 Rógvi Jacobsen
2-2 Owngoal
2-3 Rodrigo
2-4 Joe Zewe

After a goalless first half, the crowd in the rain and wind in Runavík witnessed no less than 6 goals in the 2nd half. Two of them came with the first 5-7 minutes after the restart.

First, Bjarni Jørgensen gave the visitors the lead, but a couple of minutes later, Bogi Løkin had equalised for the home side.

Approximately a quarter of an hour through the 2nd half, Rógvi Jacobsen headed KÍ in the lead again. 10 minutes later, NSÍ levelled again with a goal from Karoly Potemkin (or maybe it was rather a KÍ owngoal).

But 10 minutes from time, KÍ's Brazilian, Rodrigo, restored KÍ's lead before American Joe Zewe made the points safe with his first goal for KÍ.

For KÍ, the 3 points were vital as they had come dangerously close to the relegation line, but with a 5 point-buffer to B71 in 9th place, KÍ will feel reasonable comfortable for now…

Víkingur - B71 Sandoy 2-2 (1-1)
1-0 Erling Jacobsen
1-1 Patrick Sunday Okoro
1-2 Mikkjal Hentze
2-2 Owngoal

Víkingur were without 4 of their key players, who were all suspended. 3 of them defenders, in addition to forward Andreas Lava Olsen.

B71 had more of the possession in the first half, but Víkingur had the better scoring opportunities. That materialized to 1-1 at half-time.

Erling Jacobsen headed Víkingur in front after some 20 minutes, but B71 equalized only a couple of minutes later with a goal from the Nigerian Patrick Sunday Okoro.

B71 was the more dominant team in the 2nd half and a quarter of an hour into the half, B71 went on to take the lead thanks to Mikkjal Hentze.

But the lead was short-lived as Víkingur drew level again just a few minutes later after a B71 owngoal.

Shortly after the equalizer, B71’s Símin Hansen was sent off for – try not to laugh - pinching a Víkingur-player in his bottom :-) This was Hansen's 3rd red card this season!

B71 will be hoping that B68 doesn't beat ÍF tomorrow, so that the gap to the all important 8th place in the table doesn't increase to 5 points.

August 11

ÍF Fuglafjørður - B68 Toftir 1-3 (0-2)
0-1 Brian Andresen
0-2 Brian Andresen
0-3 Jóan Símun Edmundsson
1-3 Andy Olsen

B68's new signing, Brian Andresen, scored a brace after the halfway stage of the first half to give B68 a 2-goal advantage.

ÍF's pressure in the 2nd half didn't materialize into anything, and instead it was B68 who made it 3-0 with a goal from Jóan Símun Edmundsson, who had replaced the injured forward, double goalscorer, Brian Andresen.

Before that, Jann Ingi Petersen had missed a penalty for B68.

In the closing stages Andy Olsen grabbed a consolation for ÍF.

The 3 points could prove vital for B68 as they lifted them 5 points above B71 in 9th place (the bottom 2 are relegated). Of B68's 20 points, 15 have come on away soil.

| Faroese Soccer | Fixtures/Results | Table | Top Scorers |
| Home of Soccer and Equipment |

Share this page: