June 22, 23 & 25, 2008: Round 12 of the Formula Division:

June 22:

KÍ Klaksvík - EB/Streymur 2-3 (1-1)
0-1 Hans Pauli Samuelsen
1-1 Kristoffur Jakobsen
2-1 Milic Curcic
2-2 Arnbjørn Hansen
2-3 Hans Pauli Samuelsen

When 90 minutes had gone, it looked like EB/Streymur were going to drop 2 points against KÍ, so that we could get at least some microscopic excitement into the title-race again, but in stoppage time, Hans Pauli Samuelsen decided otherwise when he scored a fantastic goal from the distance after a great solo run. – EB/Streymur show all the typical signs of a championship team. Somehow, they always get that crucial goal!

It had also been Samuelsen who opened the scoring when he put EB/Streymur in front after only 3 minutes.

But within 10 minutes of the match, Kristoffur Jakobsen had equalized for KÍ. And on the hour mark, Milic Curcic put KÍ in front with a header from a corner (the Serb originally debuted for Skála against KÍ in April 2005 (Skála won 2-0). He joined KÍ this season).

But EB/Streymur have the players to get the necessary goals, and with 15 minutes remaining, the Formula Division top scorer Arnbjørn Hansen equalized for EB/Streymur before Hans Pauli Samuelsen, as mentioned, snatch victory in stoppage time.

B71 Sandoy - NSÍ Runavík 0-2 (0-1)
0-1 Jóhan Troest Davidsen
0-2 Milan Pejcic

With their 3rd win in succession – and 3 clean sheets – NSÍ moved up to a provisional 2nd place in the table.

Central defender Jóhan Troest Davidsen put NSÍ in the lead after only 5 minutes.

B71 managed to put heavy pressure on NSÍ for the rest of the 1st half, but sitters were missed.

But when Serb Milan Pejcic made it 2-0 to NSÍ 10 minutes into the 2nd half, B71 seemed to lose faith in a comeback, and NSÍ were in control for the rest of the match.

As long as ÍF in 8th place keep losing, B71 are in with a fighting chance to avoid relegation, but if that gap grows, B71 look doomed.

B68 Toftir - Víkingur 1-0 (1-0)
1-0 Jann Ingi Petersen (pen)

Víkigur are completely unpredictable. They win one, and are therefore expected do well next, but then they typically lose. Hmm, maybe that is predictability after all.

This was B68's first win at home. Jann Ingi Petersen scored the goal shortly before halftime.

18-year-old Petur Meinhard Magnussen deputized for suspended Vlada Filipovic in the B68 goal today.

With the 3 points, B68 can feel reasonable safe for now.

June 23:

B36 Tórshavn – ÍF Fuglafjørður 1-1 (0-1)
0-1 Nenad Saric
1-1 Owngoal

ÍF took the lead after 16 minutes after a mistake by B36's goalkeeper Hans Jørgensen. B36's left back, Brazilian Alex dos Santos was challenged by ÍF forwards and chose to square the ball to his goalkeeper whose poor clearance ended at the feet of a clear Nenad Saric who resolute fired ÍF into the lead.

Hans Jørgensen has been brought in on loan from Danish club Fremad Amager to replace the suspended Meinhardt Joensen (usual reserve goalkeeper Jóan Pauli Jakobsen is out with a broken leg). You may remember Jørgensen from Skála last season where he, then 16 years old, held a number of clean sheets in a row to help Skála avoid relegation.

B36 failed to convert any of their scoring opportunities, but 15 minutes from time they were helped by an ÍF owngoal to rescue a point.

June 25:

Skála - HB Tórshavn 1-2 (0-2)
0-1 Páll Mohr Joensen
0-2 Jákup á Borg
1-2 Owngoal

After a 2-1 win over Skála, – in the end, a narrow one - HB are back in the runners-up position, one point ahead of NSÍ and B36 in joint 3rd. And for those 3, HB, NSÍ and B36, that 2nd place is the only thing to play for now, as EB/Streymur is out of reach, 10 points in front of HB.

HB started well and had 3 qualified finishes inside the first 5-7 minutes. A goal looked imminent. But Skála also went close with a header from Pætur Dam Jacobsen that went close by.

But HB was the dominant team throughout the first half, and after some 20 minutes, Páll Mohr Joensen fired HB into the lead after he had been played clear close to the goal after a well worked move with 3 or 4 1st time-passes.

Skála then went close with a free kick, but Tróndur Vatnhamar fisted it over the bar.

But it was HB who instead doubled their lead 5 minutes before the break. Andrew av Fløtum's long range effort hit the post (his shots are all going post out at the moment – 3rd in 5 matches), but HB won the rebound, and the ball was played across to Jákup á Borg who hammered it into the back of the net.

But HB's second half display was a lacklustre one and they had nothing to offer. Offensive play was none-existing and the defence was all over the place.

And around 20 minutes into the 2nd half, Skála had reduced the score.
– Or should we say HB, because it was an embarrassing owngoal from Vagnur Mohr Mortensen who touched the ball past his keeper who had shouted as load as he could: "I've got it!" – But to no avail…

Skála sensed that they could get the equalizer, and Pætur Dam Jacobsen was extremely close with his downwards header, but Tróndur Vatnhamar made a miraculous one-handed save to keep it out.

HB had only one real opportunity in the 2nd half. That was when Christian Høgni Jacobsen's powerful header bounced off the crossbar.

The last 5 minutes were an anxious wait for the HB-defence, as Skála put a lot of crosses into the box, but HB just managed to hold on to the 3 points, that looked safe after the first 45 minutes, but were put in jeopardy in the 2nd half.

| Faroese Soccer | Fixtures/Results | Table | Top Scorers |
|Home of Soccer and Equipment |

Share this page: