25 - 27 April, 2008: Round 04 of the Formula Division:

April 25, 2008:

Víkingur - NSÍ Runavík 1-0 (0-0)
1-0 Atli Gregersen

After two defeats in a row, Víkingur bounced back to beat last season's champions NSÍ Runavík 1-0. After a goalless first half, Víkingur broke the deadlock about a quarter of an hour into the 2nd half with a header from defender Atli Gregersen in connection with a header. Although some pressure from NSÍ towards the end, Víkingur held firm.

NSÍ's start to the season seems to be a bit slow, and they're finding it a bit difficult to score goals. When NSÍ last season beat GÍ 2-1 at the same venue (remember, GÍ have now merged with LÍF and are called Víkingur), NSÍ went on unbeaten for their next 10 games (winning 8), but NSÍ don’t seem to be in that kind of shape now. In the next 3 round, NSÍ will face both HB and EB/Streymur, and these matches could become defining moments for NSÍ this season.

Víkingur are just as unpredictable as last year (then GÍ), when they ended in 5th place in the table, and that could very well become their end-position again this season.

April 27, 2008:

B68 Toftir – HB Tórshavn 0-0

Really, the match report shouldn't be longer than this sentence!

- Because the match was so poor from start to finish. Any real football-play was hard to see from neither side, and chances were few and far between.

After an even start, HB took over for a while after about 10 minutes where they had a few finishes. Andrew av Fløtum had the best effort with a shot aimed at the near top corner, but because of the angle, B68 goalkeeper Vlada Filopovic didn't have much difficulty in blocking it to a corner. Two following corners in succession created some anxiety in the B68-penalty area, but not more than that.

The rest of the half was little to write home about. - And most of the second half, too. But there were 2-3 or 4 scoring opportunities; the better probably going to B68.

After HB-goalkeeper Tróndur Vatnhamar (who has replaced the injured Marcin Dawid) had blocked a B68-shot with his legs, HB countered through Andrew av Fløtum, who after a couple of dribbles fired a low shot from distance, but it went just wide of the left post.

In the end, B68 could have stolen it with a shot from Senegalese player Ndende Adana Gueye inside the penalty area, but Tróndur Vatnhamar made a crucial block to save HB's blushes.

After today's matches, HB still lead the table and B68 is still last, but today there was not much to choose between the two teams.

HB will have to play much better if they intend to beat B36 on Wednesday. B68 visit Skála on Wednesday, where Skála might find it difficult to break down B68's (at least today) well organised defensive play, but Skála can play organized themselves, so don't expect too many goals. – The match has 0-0 or 1-0 to either side written all over it…

ÍF Fuglafjørður – KÍ Klaksvík 2-2 (1-0)
1-0 Sasa Jovanovic
1-1 Ove Nysted
1-2 Stefan Kalsø
2-2 Bartal Eliasen

ÍF were winning when KÍ in the 2nd half against the run of play turned 1-0 to 1-2. But ÍF managed to get the equalizer to salvage a point.

ÍF took the lead after around 20 minutes of the match with a goal from Sasa Jovanovic. ÍF were in control and created the most scoring opportunities, but about a quarter of an hour into the 2nd half, KÍ equalized with a Ove Nysted header. And about 10 minutes from the end, Stefan Kalsø headed KÍ in front. Both goals were in connection with set pieces.

But that lead was short-lived, though, as defender Bartal Eliasen shortly after equalized. Also his goal was with a header, in connection with a corner.

ÍF were a whisker from taking all 3 points, but twice in quick succession, Høgni Madsen ans Sasa Jovanovic hit each corner of the woodwork.

KÍ will be happy to at least make their mark in the table with their first point of the season, but B71 will give them stiff opposition on Wednesday. Should KÍ lose, they could find it difficult to escape the relegation zone again.

Although ÍF looks to be in a safe position, they will rue their missed chances today to go 2nd in the table.

B71 Sandoy – Skála 3-1 (0-1)
0-1 Pætur Dam Jacobsen
1-1 Høgni Midjord
2-1 Owngoal
3-1 Jón í Koytu Petersen

Skála dominated the first half and also took the lead 10 minutes before the interval with a Pætur Dam Jacobsen goal.

But in the 2nd half, B71 took control of the game and equalized after about 10 minutes when 17-year old Høgni Midjord coolly lobbed the goalkeeper.

6 minutes from the end, B71 were helped with a Skála-owngoal, and in stoppage time, another youngster, Jón í Koytu Petersen made it 3-1.

After B71 have played only against the top teams in the start of the season, they are now climbing up the table as they are facing some of the lesser teams. They'll fancy their chances for more points when they visit KÍ on Wednesday.

Skála have so far played 3 times away from home and lost all 3, but they'll think they can beat B68 at home on Wednesday.

B36 Tórshavn – EB/Streymur 1-1 (0-1)
0-1 Hans Pauli Samuelsen
1-1 Dimitrije Jankovic

Neither B36 nor EB/Streymur had lost before today's encounter, and after it, neither still have, as it ended in a draw.

EB/Streymur took the lead midway through the 1st half with a goal from Hans Pauli Samuelsen. But B36 equalized when central defender Dimitrije Jankovic headed home the cross from Alex dos Santo's freekick.

B36 and EB/Streymur are tied in 2nd place in the table, 2 points adrift of HB. But both will have the chance to leapfrog HB, if B36 beat HB on Wednesday and EB/Streymur beat Víkingur. EB/Streymur ought not to have problems in beating Víkingur at home. The Tórshavn derby between HB and B36 is impossible to predict.

| Faroese Soccer | Fixtures/Results | Table | Top Scorers |
| Home of Soccer and Equipment |

Share this page: