29 - 31 March, 2008: Round 01 of the Formula Division:

B36 Tórshavn beat 10-men
ÍF Fuglafjørður 4-0 in the 2008 Formula Division opener

29 March, 2008:

B36 Tórshavn – ÍF Fuglafjørður 4-0 (1-0)
1-0 Tamaz Nagy
2-0 Odmar Færø
3-0 Karoly Potemkin
4-0 Karoly Potemkin

Hungarian duo Tamaz Nagy and Karoly Potemkin scored 3 of B36's 4 goals as they thumped 10-men ÍF in the league opener.

Hungarian Tamaz Nagy got the opener after a quarter of an hour before midway through the first half, ÍF's Alexandar Jovevic was shown red for a 2nd bookable offence.

With the man in advantage, B36 had it easy in the 2nd half and added 3 more to their tally. Odmar Færø made it 2-0 halfway through the 2nd half before Hungarian Karoly Potemkin came on off the bench to score twice within the last ten minutes of the match; the first with a header after a perfect cross from the right, and the second with shot in off the post from the edge of the penalty area.

0-4 suggests that ÍF will undoubtedly have a troublesome time ahead. Although 4-0 sounds impressive, it's still too early to judge what B36 are made of, with ÍF's poor display in mind.

30 March, 2008:

HB Tórshavn - Skála 8-1 (2-0)
1-0 Mortan úr Hørg
2-0 Hans á Lag
2-1 Obele "Óbi" Okeke Onyebuchi
3-1 Christian Høgni Jacobsen
4-1 Jákup á Borg
5-1 Christian Høgni Jacobsen
6-1 Andrew av Fløtum
7-1 Christian Høgni Jacobsen
8-1 Andrew av Fløtum

Without having to sweat, HB won an emphatic 8-1 victory over a very tame Skála team.

Skála were rare guests in the HB penalty area, but midway through the first half, Nigerian forward Óbi had an effort that stretched HB goalkeeper Marcin David.

Maybe this served as a wake up call for HB, because shortly after, HB took the lead when unmarked right back Mortan úr Hørg headed the ball into the top right corner after a cross from the left. A few minutes later, central defender Hans á Lag doubled the lead when he headed the ball into the same corner after a rebound.

HB should have increased the lead before the interval, but the opportunities were squandered.

In the second half, Skála reduced the deficit after only a couple of minutes when Nigerian forward Óbi outpaced the negligent HB defence, and fired a low shot into the back of the net.

But Skála's hope was short-lived, because it took HB only 5 minutes to make it 4-1; the 1st coming from Christian Høgni Jacobsen, and the 2nd from Jákup á Borg, who before that had wasted a couple of great opportunities.

Chritian Høgni Jacobsen was then played through to make it 5-1 before Andrew a Fløtum turned one in for 6-1.

Christian Høgni Jacobsen then scored his third, which was the pick of them, as he delicately chipped the keeper to make it 7-1, before Andrew av Fløtum completed the rout with a great header to make it 8-1.

With his hat trick, Christian Høgni Jacobsen has already scored as many goals in his first match this season as he did all last season for HB, when he only scored 3 in 15 games before he joined NSÍ on loan for the rest of the season, where he scored 5 goals.

But although 8-1 sounds very impressive, it's a bit difficult to really judge how good HB's performance was, because Skála had nothing to offer at all: 2 half-chances in the first half, and then the one in the second half that produced the goal. That's all Skála had going forward. And defensively, 8-1 says it all. And that was even with a game-plan where Skála put emphasise on defending. But that all fell a part when HB went from 2-1 to 4-1 in a few short minutes at the start of the 2nd half, and after that, Skála looked a dejected side. But HB will also be frustrated over their inabilities to keep clean sheets.

Next Sunday, HB visit another team in troubled water, KÍ Klaksvík, who lost 4-0 to EB/Streymur today (HB also play in the Cup quarterfinal on Wednesday April 2 at home against 1st division side TB Tvøroyri). Skála visit ÍF Fuglafjørður, where both teams will fancy their chances for 3 points. A loser in that match might find it difficult to escape the relegation zone again.

NSÍ Runavík – B71 Sandoy 2-1 (0-1)
0-1 Clayton Soares
1-1 Bogi Løkin
2-1 Øssur Dalbúð

Defending champions NSÍ came from behind to beat B71 who rue the chance for the equalizer after a missed penalty.

B71 took a surprising lead within the first quarter of an hour, when Clayton Soares converted a penalty given for hands.

But Bogi Løkin restored parity after a few minutes of the 2nd half with a low shot from outside the penalty area, and midway through the half, Øssur Dalbúð put NSÍ in front when he got his head to a cross from Einar Hansen.

B71 had a glorious chance for an equalizer in the dying minutes when they were awarded their 2nd penalty, but this time Clayton Soares missed from the spot.

B71 will be disappointed that they didn't get a point in the bag, but however, they have maybe already proven that they are in a much better state than some of the other minnows, like Skála and ÍF. But B71 face a strong test again in round 2 when they take on impressive looking EB/Streymur. Before that, B71 will know if they have reached the Cup-semifinal or not, as they fight it out against AB Argir on Wednesday 2 March.

EB/Streymur – KÍ Klaksvík 4-0 (3-0)
1-0 Hans Pauli Samuelsen
2-0 Bárður Olsen
3-0 Levi Hanssen
4-0 Fróði Clementsen

With a convincing 4-0 win, EB/Streymur proved that it's not just talk that they are reckoned as a serious candidate for the title. KÍ on the other hand might struggle yet again, and the score-line suggests that KÍ could be closer to the bottom than the middle of the table when come October 25, the last day of the season.

Hans Pauli Samuelsen made it 1-0 in combination with a corner, and Bárður Olsen doubled the lead with a good shot after 38 minutes, before new signing, Levi Hansen from Skála, made it 3-0 on the stroke of half time, when he was played clear.

Late in the 2nd half, EB/Streymur made it 4-0 when Fróði Clementsen got a touch to turn Bárður Olsen's thunderous volley into the back of the net.

Same teams meet in the quarterfinals of the Cup on Wednesday, 2 April.

In the league, KÍ take on HB next Sunday, where HB must be considered favourites. Also EB/Streymur are favourites when they next Sunday visit B71, even though B71 showed great resilience against NSÍ today.

Match highlights: EB/Streymur vs. KÍ

31 March, 2008:

Víkingur – B68 Toftir 4-1 (2-1)
1-0 Zoltan Bukzegi
1-1 Jann Ingi Petersen (pen)
2-1 Niclas Niclasen (pen)
3-1 Sverri Jacobsen
4-1 Magnus Skoralíð

New team Víkingur, the merger of former GÍ Gøta and LÍF Leirvík, got off to a flying start when they beat newly promoted B68 Toftir 4-1.

The history books will tell that Víkingur's first ever league scorer was a Hungarian. Zoltan Bukzegi put the Vikings ahead midway through the 1st half.

Shortly before halftime, Jann Ingi Petersen equalized for Víkingur on penalty, but the joy was short-lived, because just a couple of minutes later, Víkingur were also awarded a penalty. Niclas Niclasen firmly converted from the spot.

Half an hour into the 2nd half, Víkingur scored twice in quick succession to win 4-1, with goals from Sverri Jacobsen and Magnus Skoralíð.

B68 said on Friday, that no. 1 goalkeeper, Vlada Filipovic, had still not gotten his work permit, as was the case with two of their new Senegalese players. B68 would very much hope that Filipovic is ready for next Saturday, when they take on NSÍ Runavík. But with or without him, B68 will still struggle.

Víkingur travel to the capital to entertain B36 Tórshavn next Sunday.
- A match that is very difficult to predict the outcome of at this stage.

| Faroese Soccer | Fixtures/Results | Table | Top Scorers |
| Home of Soccer and Equipment |

Share this page: