September 30, 2007: Round 24 of the Formula Division:

NSÍ Runavík edging closer and closer to the championship title.

NSÍ Runavík - HB Tórshavn 2-1 (1-0)
1-0 Jónhard Frederiksberg
2-0 Owngoal
2-1 Rógvi Jacobsen

With a 2-1 win over HB, NSÍ are edging closer and closer to their first ever championship title, and 3 wins in the last 3 matches of the season will hand them that title. And at the moment, NSÍ show no signs of nervousness.

For NSÍ, influential midfielder Nenad Stankowich was missing through anjury, as was Jákup á Borg for HB. Jákup á Borg will not play again this season – neither in the national team against France and Italy.

It was HB who was the better team in the opening 20 minutes and had a few qualified finishes. But the closest they came was hitting the upright after a corner after about 5 minutes. Milan Kuljic had a go from long range, but wide of goal. Rókur av Fløtum Jespersen was in a good position to shoot just inside the penalty area, but his shot was right on goalkeeper Jens Martin Knudsen.

After this, NSÍ had total control in defense and HB never threatened the NSÍ goal again in the first half.

Gradually, NSÍ got the upper hand and tried to force their way forward. The word "force" is used here, because NSÍ didn't show flowing combinations, but they are well organized in midfield, and by having ball possession, chances will inevitably arise. And they did.

Christian Høgni Jacobsen, who is contracted with HB, but is on loan at NSÍ (HB and NSÍ haven't made a deal that Christian Høgni shouldn't play against HB, as we often see in the Premier League for example), was close twice, and shortly before the half-hour mark, NSÍ were to take the lead with a goal from Jónhard Frederiksberg from close range, after HB couldn't clear a low cross.

NSÍ were in control for most of the second half, and after about 65 minutes, NSÍ doubled their lead, albeit with an owngoal from HB. Einar Hansen knocked a long free kick into HB's penalty area which HB's Milan Kuljic turned into his own goal.

HB never looked like they were going to get back in the match – and they didn't, but in stoppage time, HB did reduce the score-line, however, with a goal from Rógvi Jacoben.

The referee had added 6 minutes of stoppage time, and for the NSÍ supporters, these 6 minutes probably felt like half an hour, but there was no reason for them to be anxious, because HB never looked like scoring another.

In the closing stages, NSÍ's offensive midfielder Hjalgrím Elttør was sent off after his second yellow card, after he stupidly kicked the ball away when HB were about to take a throw-in. With Elttør suspended for the next game, which is away to GÍ Gøta, NSÍ could face a problem in midfield against GÍ's physical style of play, if Nenad Stankovich will also be missing through injury.

No doubt about it, today's match was NSÍ's highest hurdle to clear in order to claim their first ever title, which they are so close to now, but the match against GÍ will not be any walkover, though. But if they do get the 3 points there, poor VB/Sumba await in the penultimate round (and that will be a walkover!) and then NSÍ "only" will have to beat KÍ klaksvík away (who have conceded 15 goals in their last 4 matches) on the last day of the season…

B36 Tórshavn - AB Argir 4-1 (2-0)
1-0 Alex dos Santos
2-0 Alex dos Santos
3-0 Amed Davy Sylla
4-0 Anderson Castilho
4-1 Owngoal

B36 can only hope that NSÍ will draw in one of their remaining 3 matches, but even if they do, B36 must wind their own, and of those, at least two of them are difficult matches: EB/Streymur and HB. But today, B36 had no problems against AB. Alex dos Santos scored twice on direct free-kicks to give B36 a 2-0 lead at half time. This was the Brazilian’s 3rd goal on direct free-kicks in 2 matches. Anderson Castilho finally got on the scoresheet for B36, after he switched from rivals NSÍ in the summer-break.

KÍ Klaksvík - EB/Streymur 2-5 (1-2)
0-1 Arnbjørn Hansen
1-1 Heðin á Lakjuni
1-2 Hanus Eliasen
1-3 Sorin Anghel
2-3 Denni Conteh
2-4 Arnbjørn Hansen
2-5 Arnbjørn Hansen

EB/Streymur leapfrogged HB Tórshavn in the fight for the bronze medals with an easy 5-2 win over KÍ Klaksvík who have conceded 15 goals in their last 4 matches.

B71 Sandoy - GÍ Gøta 2-3 (1-1)
1-0 Rasmus Nielsen
1-1 Christian Lundberg
2-1 Rasmus Nielsen
2-2 Christian Lundberg (Pen)
2-3 Hans Pauli Petersen

GÍ came from behind twice to beat B71 with a stoppage-time winner. With Christian Lundberg's 2 goals today, his tally has now reached 9 in 8 matches for GÍ, since he joined them in round 17, where he scored in his debut. Theoretically, B71 can still be relegated, but for that to happen, AB Argir must win their remaining while B71 lose all of theirs. – That's just not going to happen.

VB/Sumba - Skála 0-1 (0-1)
0-1 Pætur Dam Jacobsen

The Radio's reporter, Bogi Mortensen, summed it up very well, when he said the match was between two teams that had nothing to play for, but one of the team won! However, Skála is still in a good position to reach 5th place, and that must be considered quite good in regards to their catastrophic start to the season.

| Faroese Soccer | Table | Fixtures/Results | Top Scorers |
| Home of Soccer and Equipment |

Share this page: