June 20, 23 & 24, 2007: Round 14 of the Formula Division:

June 20, 2007:

KÍ Klaksvík - HB Tórshavn 0-2 (0-1)
0-1 Rógvi Jacobsen
0-2 Tór-Ingar Akselsen

The match was brought forward because KÍ play in the Intertoto Cup on Saturday away to Hammarby, Sweden. That might be a mouthful for KÍ, because frankly, even the Formula Division seems to be a mouthful for them at the moment where they are only 2 points clear of AB Argir under the relegation line, and as AB Argir have a great chance to take points against B71 Sandoy on Sunday, the match between KÍ and AB on July 4th will be a massive one. And this will be around the same time as KÍ is also occupied by European matches. But back to today's match. And as you have seen already, KÍ lost 2-0. HB got their first after 35 minutes, when Rógvi Jacobsen was left clear with only the keeper to beat. KÍ's closest effort was a strike on the post. 25 minutes into the second half, Tór-Ingar Akselsen doubled HB's lead when KÍ were caught on the break. For HB it's vital that they win their matches as the other top teams play each other; B36 - EB/Streymur on Sunday and then NSÍ and EB/Streymur next Sunday while HB play VB/Sumba. If these results fall right for HB, then they could suddenly be in a reasonable position again.

Update: The match between HB and B36 scheduled to be on 8 July has been brought forward to 27 June. This is because the work on shifting the playing surface (will still be artificial grass) where HB and B36 play their matches, will start on 2 July.

June 23, 2007:

VB/Sumba – NSÍ Runavík 1-2 (0-0)
0-1 Einar Hansen
1-1 Birgir Jørgensen
1-2 Øssur Dalbúð

It was top against bottom, but it wasn’t really evident in the goalless first half. Although NSÍ had the majority of possession, it was VB/Sumba who was closer to getting the goal. But 7 minutes into the second half, NSÍ took the lead, but 10 minutes from the end, VB/Sumba levelled the score. An unlikely draw was on the card for VB/Sumba against the league leaders, but the minute after the equalizer, NSÍ restored their lead with a header from Øssur Dalbúð. With the 3 points, NSÍ opened up a 3 point gap to EB/Streymur who have a difficult match away to B36 on Sunday.

June 24, 2007:

B36 Tórshavn – EB/Streymur 1-0 (0-0)
1-0 Alex dos Santos

After an even first half, where B36 went closest with a long range effort from Mikkjal Thomassen that hit the post, B36 had the edge in the second half and after 26 minutes, Brazilian Alex dos Santos broke the deadlock and secured B36 the 3 points with a thunderous shot. EB/Streymur created few scoring opportunities and it's evident they miss some firepower up front, as Sorin Anghel has still not returned and Arnbjørn Hansen is still short of match fitness (although he scored in his first two matches since his return from a broken foot). EB/Streymur have only won 2 of their last 6 league games. B36 and EB/Streymur are now level on points in the table where they trail NSÍ by 3 points. Next Sunday NSÍ take on EB/Streymur in a match EB/Streymur cannot afford to lose if they want to stay in touch with NSÍ. On Wednesday, B36 play against HB. If HB lose, they can definitely wave goodbye to retaining the league title. And also B36 can ill afford to lose, if they want to keep in touching distance of NSÍ. – But then again, can any team ever afford to loose ? Hmm :-)

B71 Sandoy – AB Argir 1-0 (0-0)
1-0 Clayton Soares

The first goalless draw of the season was on the card, as 10-men AB Argir were defending well in the second half against B71 who had problems creating real scoring opportunities, but 3 minutes into stoppage time, B71's Brazilian Clayton Soares swept the ball over the line after a scramble in the goal area. For B71, the 3 points mean that they again have a healthy buffer between them and the relegation line. AB is still under the relegation line, but can still leapfrog KÍ Klaksvík if they win the gigantic match in Klaksvík in the next round, Wednesday 4th July.

Skála – GÍ Gøta 0-1 (0-1)
0-1 Niclas Niclasen

GÍ dominated the first half and got their deserved goal 10 minutes from begore interval when central defender Niclas Niclasen had come forward in connection with a free kick which he poked in after a cross from the left. Skála improved slightly in the second, but not enough to threaten GÍ's 3 points. For Skála, 16 year old goalkeeper Hans Jørgensen was placed on the bench again, as Serbian goalkeeper Pedrag Markovic had returned after being sidelined for 2 months because of sickness. Also coach John Petersen came on in the second half, and therefore became player coach. Petersen, originally from Skála, retired as a player after the 2004 season after an illustrious career with several championship titles with B36 and GÍ, but this was the first time he played for Skála since 1993. – At that time Skála was not represented in the top flight.

| Faroese Soccer | Table | Fixtures/Results | Top Scorers |
| Home of Soccer and Equipment |

Share this page: