May 6, 2007: Round 08 of the Formula Division:

Champions HB Tórshavn held by newcomers AB Argir and fall 7 points behind leaders EB/Streymur

AB Argir - HB Tórshavn 2-2 (1-2)
0-1 Jákup á Borg
1-1 Súni Fríði Barbá
1-2 Jákup á Borg
2-2 Súni Fríði Barbá

Once again, HB Tórshavn became their own worst enemy as sloppy defending cost HB two more points as newcomers AB Argir snatched a famous 2-2 draw.

But nothing suggested such a scoreline when HB took the lead after only 7 minutes. Jákup á Borg broke through the rather open AB-defense on the right and put HB ahead.

At this stage, it seemed like it was going to be another relaxing day at the office for HB. HB had the majority of the possession and also created a few scoring opportunities. Milan Kuljic tried with a long range effort, but off target. Jákup á Borg also went close with a volley from an acute angle, but it went across the face of goal.

AB had been completely anonymous in attack, but after half an hour, a mistake in the HB defence left Súni Fríði Barbá clear in the penalty area, and that you don't do unpunished, and Barbá coolly slotted home the equalizer.

HB then upped the tempo again, and about 5 minutes later, HB restored their lead. This time Jákup á Borg had moved to the left hand side, and after a good 1-2 combination he became clear and placed the ball past the AB goalkeeper, Magnus Poulsen, for his second goal of the day.

But approximately halfway through the second half, HB's defence took another breather and allowed Súni Fríði Barbá through once more, and he showed no mercy to his former club from 1998 and levelled the score for AB with his second goal of the afternoon.

Súni was close to his hat-trick a while later, but this time his shot went narrowly wide of the upright.

HB now pressed forward in search for the winning goal and they also created decent scoring opportunities.

Rógvi Jacobsen went close when he, from an acute angle in the goal-area, hit the side-netting. Also Tór-Ingar Akselsen was in a clear position in the penalty area, slightly to the left, but his shot was placed too high and wide when he ought to have done better.

HB had several corners that created some tense moments in the AB-penalty area, but after an anxious wait for the final whistle, the AB players and supporters could raise their arms, as they had held champions HB to a surprising draw. – And in the end, a deserved one as well, it must be said.

HB has now dropped to 4th in the table, 7 points adrift of EB/Streymur who will visit HB in the next round (this match is in Moday – the others on Sunday). For HB it's vital they don't loose, because if they do, they will go 10 points behind; a lead that HB will not be able to catch in the 18 matches that will remain after the next round. HB is under severe pressure!

The other matches in round 08:

EB/Streymur – VB/Sumba 4-2 (1-1)
A few minutes into the second half, bottom team VB/Sumba threatened to make an even bigger surprise than AB against HB, when VB/Sumba took a 2-1 lead with a penalty, but when the game finished, the table toppers had won relatively easy 4-2 victory. EB/Streymur’s 2-2 equalizer was on a direct freekick from Hans Pauli Samuelsen.

B71 Sandoy – B36 Tórshavn 1-2 (0-0)
B71 stood empty-handed, when the 90 minutes had gone, but they deserved better. Especially in the second half they were much the better team and they also took the lead after about 20 minutes. But with less than 10 minutes from the end, Sylla first equalized (after the goalkeeper had misjudged a cross that was caught by the wind) and then snatched all 3 points for B36 with a late winner.

Skála – KÍ Klaksvík 1-0 (1-0)
Skála won their 4 match in succession after they sacked their coach, and amazingly, nobody has yet scored against 16 year old goalkeeper Hans Jørgensen, who took over for Predrag Markovic, who returned home to Serbia because of sickness 4 weeks ago. – What a debut!

GÍ Gøta – NSÍ Runavík 1-2 (1-0)
GÍ lost their 4th out of 4 home games this season, when NSÍ found a winner 1 minute before the final whistle. It was GÍ who took the lead in the first half, but that was cancelled out by an NSÍ goal shortly before the interval.

All the results from round 08:

AB Argir - HB Tórshavn 2-2 (1-2)
0-1 Jákup á Borg
1-1 Súni Fríði Barbá
1-2 Jákup á Borg
2-2 Súni Fríði Barbá

EB/Streymur - VB/Sumba 4-2 (1-1)
1-0 Bárður Olsen
1-1 Birgir Jørgensen
1-2 Aco Pandurovic (Pen.)
2-2 Hans Pauli Samuelsen
3-2 Hans Pauli Samuelsen
4-2 Bárður Olsen

B71 Sandoy - B36 Tórshavn 1-2 (0-0)
0-1 Magnus Olsen
1-1 Amed Davy Sylla
1-2 Amed Davy Sylla

Skála - KÍ Klaksvík 1-0 (1-0)
1-0 Pauli G. Hansen

GÍ Gøta - NSÍ Runavík 1-2 (1-1)
1-0 Pól Jóhannus Justinussen
1-1 Einar Hansen
1-2 Nenad Stankovic

| Faroese Soccer | Table | Fixtures/Results | Top Scorers |
| Home of Soccer and Equipment |

Share this page: